Frozen Bank Accounts? One Nice Trick to Get Your Money Back

I often get clients who come to me when they go to the bank or try to withdraw money and their accounts are frozen due to old credit card debt that they did not even know existed. Luckily, there is one simple step you can take to get the funds released: filling out the exemption claim form. According to the New York State Exempt Income Protection Act (EIPA), any creditors who attempt to freeze your account must take steps to ensure you promptly receive the exemption claim form in the mail. Since $2500 is automatically exempt from being frozen under New York Law, your funds can be released if you fill out the exemption claim form the proper way. You need to consult an attorney to make sure you include the right legal authorities on your form. Call me today if you have this problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *